Thank you for Your Service!
We cannot acknowledge your sacrifice you gave to this country enough.
You will find some help here if you are relocating: short term or long term. Renting or Buying? Selling or Renting?
When military families move, they have to make hard and fast housing decisions, and during the highs and lows of recent housing markets, renting was often the better choice. I am a Military Relocation Professional, and knowing the local market dynamics, I can help you make informed decisions. I can tell you the up-to date rental and sales prices and can help you with rentals or sales, whether you are looking for a home or need to dispose of a home.
Try the calculator at http://www.realtor.com/mortgage/tools/rent-or-buy-calculator
I am familiar with technical tools like whatsapp, zoom, or skype and being from Germany I know what 1500 means and know how important it is to adhere to the time zones.
Knowing the PCS process and procedures, allowances and support services your move will be smooth. I am keeping up to date with BAH rates and know that they are tax free.
VA funding is not always the best choice, but you have to consider financing with a VA loan. It is always a good idea to compare cost, terms and interest rates of the VA loan with FHA and Conventional financing.
Here are the benefits of a VA loan:
- No down payment, as long as the sales price does not exceed the appraised value
- Loan to Value ratio of 100 %
- Back-end debt-to-income ratio is 41% (maybe even higher)
- No Mortgage insurance
- Closing cost can be paid by seller
- The loan is assumable
- Only wait 2 years for new loan after bankruptcy
- You can reuse your eligibility and entitlement
Some important facts:
- The seller can pay the VA funding fee
- You are protected if the appraised value is less than the sales price
- You ae not allowed to pay the commission for the Realtor
- You can use the VA loan for refinance, installing energy-efficient improvements, repair/improve the home
- Cost of Living adjustment (COLA) http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil
- VA offers grants to help service members and veterans disabled during thier military service http://www.nrd.gov
- Ask me for a lender referral – I am in the business for more than 37 years: it is important that the company has automatic underwriting for VA! If not, you have to wait until your loan application has been approved by the VA after the lender has approved the loan!